FORUMS > LVA Golf < refresh >
Topic Title: LVH and LVCC Golf
Created On 11/7/10 1:02 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

joespoolhall

11/7/10 1:02 PM
User is offline View users profile

I received an e-mail offer from the LVH for a room and golf package at LVCC. I've known for years that some non members could play certain private clubs in town, but I'm certainly not in that lofty catagory. Back in the mid-ninties a buddy and I tipped a bell captain at Sam's Town and got on at Sunrise (Stallion Mtn) when it was still private. The offer for LVH/LVCC was for two nights (minimum for the offer) and a round for $89/nt and up depending on room type. This isn't the deal of the century, it's just that I've been waiting for the time that the privates started opening up. It's all economics i guess. I just wonder how many courses in LV are close to fate of Reflection Bay and the Falls. I know they were in a catagory of their own, but there have to be others not far away from that. The cost of land/building, payroll to staff properly, maintenance etc. We're talking a bundle. I know thhe last few years teetimes are easier, pace of play is good (nobody on the course and I would think a few specials. I don't pay much attention to price because my buddy always gets us comped or I pay locals rate. I still have a couple of courses I haven't played yet, so I hope they stay open long enough so I can.

What kind of pricing are some of you finding? Have you seen any change in service level? Are you playing more or less now on each trip? Hope to hear some feedback. Thanx.

Good Luck!
Ric at Joes

Bottom

ken2v

11/8/10 7:04 AM

LVCC is nothing to write home about. But a room and golf for 89 bucks is. Then again, if you're comped, you can buy some awesome golf for not much more than that.

-------------------------
Member, Golf Writers Association of America

Bottom

joespoolhall

11/8/10 9:18 AM
User is offline View users profile

Certainly not a must do. I've been on the course twice during the old LVI and I was not impressed in the least. One lasting memory though, is of Paul Goydos" tee shot on 16 one year. He was having a very bad day and hit about a 200 yard duckhook off the box. "Mr. Niceguy" then slammed his driver into the ground at least five times. It was definitely a Woody Austin moment. Back to the course. Both times I was there I was suprised at the condition of the course. Bob and I played two or three courses that week that were in better shape. The other two courses (DI and TPC Summerlin) were imaculate. I could see once, but two different years says something to me. I guess the PGA liked the scores that came out of there. BTW, the $89 is per night for two night minimum and just one round of golf. Considering the Hilton's regular specials, it's about $110 for the golf.

Good Luck!
Ric at Joes

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > LVA Golf < refresh >

Navigation: