Las Vegas Top 10 Pools
These are the results of an LVA survey conducted in May, 2008, where readers were asked to select their choice of the best pool in Las Vegas. Not surprisingly, the family-friendly pools won out, with all the top picks offering multiple pools and features like lazy rivers, water slides, wave machines, sandy beaches, and waterfalls. Other popular amenities include private cabanas and poolside gaming, which many of the winners offer. While a few of these pools are exclusive to hotel guests at all times, many admit non-guests, either all the time or for special events, and can be found profiled in our Cool Pool section, where we also feature 20 more of the best pools in Las Vegas, with photo galleries, event listings, and additional reader reviews.
- Mandalay Beach -- a firm favorite with families for its sandy beaches, wave machine, and lazy river, the 11-acre pool complex at Mandalay Bay also offers private cabana rental, a Beachside Casino (open to non-guests), and Beach Bar & Grill, and is home to a summer concert series.
- Tropicana -- the Trop is a longtime favorite thanks to its multiple pools catering to both adults and kids, including one of Las Vegas' few indoor heated pools, and its popular swim-up blackjack tables.
- Flamingo -- the main pool complex at the Flamingo comprises a 15-acre tropical retreat, featuring multiple pools interconnecting through lagoons, a cascading waterfall, seasonal waterslide, and summer parties that are open to all.
- Mirage -- heated year-round, the family-friendly pool complex at the Mirage is set amidst lush tropical landscaping. This pool is exclusive to hotel guests at all times.
- Hard Rock -- Beach Club is open to everyone and features sandy beaches, cabanas, and swim-up blackjack, not to mention being home to the legenday Rehab pool parties.
- Golden Nugget -- known as The Tank, this newly remodeled pool complex is open to all and features a central aquarium and shark tank complete with water slide, plus poolside gaming tables and an adult-only topless deck.
- MGM Grand -- the Grand Pool Complex is open year-round and features 5 swimming pools, three whirlpools, and a lazy river. While this area is open to hotel guests only, the new Wet Republic "ultrapool" is open to all.
- Rio -- VooDoo Beach is a popular pool featuring a sandy beach, waterfalls, DJs, poolside massages, and plenty of eye candy.
- Bellagio -- a guest-only facility, the pool complex at Bellagio is a tranquil oasis in a Mediterranean-inspired setting.
- Wynn -- like Bellagio, Wynn's pools are guest-only but feature poolside gaming tables that are open to all, plus there's a separate Sunset Pool that offers European-style sunbathing.