Compiled by LVA Research
• November 30, 2015 16:50 Nevada Gaming Revenues Slide Again: After a minor upward blip in September, state gaming revenues took another hit in October, down almost 3 percent on the same month last year statewide (to $887.6 million) and by more than 5 percent (to $493.6 million) on the Strip, which particularly took a hit from a significant drop in the take for both baccarat and roulette.
• November 30, 2015 16:33 Dec. LVA Newsletter Online Online and Stuffed with Deals!: The holiday issue of our famous newsletter has been posted, with the scoop on scoring an easy comp for two of Vegas’ best buffets, the best casino on the Strip for 25¢ video poker, an excellent happy hour with free appetizers from a top Chinese restaurant, hotel room rates for under $20, and all kinds of other awesome tidbits and news. (Can't read it? That must mean you're not an LVA member! To find out what you're missing -- which is a LOT more than our exclusive newsletter -- sign up now for a three-month trial for just $15!)
• November 30, 2015 16:11 More Sinatra: On Thursday, Dec. 10, the Dennis Bono show in South Point's showroom will be honoring Frank Sinatra's 100th birthday. Tickets to the show, which starts at 2 p.m. (doors 1 p.m.) are free with a players card and may be picked up at the box office beginning noon on Wednesday, Dec 9th. And don't forget that starting tomorrow, and running through the whole month of December a special celebratory menu is available at the historic Golden Steer steakhouse -- for complete coverage of this and other centennial festivities, check out the recent features in our Question of the Day and Today's News archives.
• November 30, 2015 16:06 MNF Browns/Ravens: The Cleveland Browns are -4.5 favorites over the Baltimore Ravens in tonight's Monday Night Football game. The total is 41.5.
Bars that follow the Browns are Annie’s Gourmet Italian, Boulevard Bar & Grill, Giuseppe’s Bar & Grille, Kopper Keg West, Sauce Italian American Bistro, and Tap House. Bars that follow the Ravens are Crab Corner S. Eastern and Crab Corner S. Rainbow.
• November 30, 2015 12:47 Last Call for ArtPop Entries: Today is the final day to submit artwork ideas to the ArtPop project, a collaboration between the City of Las Vegas, Clear Channel Outdoor, and others that aims to promote the work of local artists via vacant billboard space. The judges are looking for thought-provoking and creative concepts that symbolize the energy of Las Vegas -- all styles considered, but no nudity or political/slanderous content, please. Find more info and submit your entry via the official website.
• November 30, 2015 11:20 Strip Gets Sexxy - for One Night Only: We're not sure how/why this is happening but for one night only, this Dec. 11 topless revue Sexxy with Jennifer Romas, currently performing at 7 p.m. in the Westgate's Shimmer Cabaret, will perform at Mandalay Bay's House of Blues. Tickets for the 8 p.m. performance start at just $20 (as opposed to the regular $53 GA price); must be 18+.
• November 30, 2015 11:09 High Roller Launches Locals Pricing, Annual Pass: Annual passes are now available for the observation wheel at The LINQ Promenade which, for $79 (adults) covers unlimited standard-rate rides on the attraction for a full calendar year, plus some upgrade options and discounts. In addition, Clark County residents now receive an ongoing discounted ticket rate of $13 day/$18 anytime ride, available for in-person purchase only from any CET Box Office.
• November 30, 2015 10:06 Garth Brooks Announced for New Vegas Arena: The biggest-selling solo artist of all time in the U.S. is bringing his epic three-year world tour to Las Vegas, it's been announced, with a total of four Garth Brooks shows scheduled to take place July 2-4 2016 in* the new Las Vegas Arena, currently under construction behind New York-New York and the Monte Carlo. Brooks' 2015 ticket sales have topped those of any other artist in the world and go on sale for the Las Vegas shows, to take place at 7 p.m. July 2, 7 and 10:30 p.m. July 3, and 5 p.m. on July 4, go on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. PT on Friday, Dec. 11. Unlike the famously fan-friendly performer's previous headlining gigs at Encore, when ticket prices at one point rose to a contentious $253, next year's shows are flat-rate priced at $85 (inclusive of tax/fees), even on Fourth of July; there's a limit of eight per person. For more info visit www.garthvegas.com.
*"In and around" might be more accurate: The cryptic official press release alludes to the shows "taking advantage of the venue's many entertainment spaces, highlighted by the adjacent two-acre Toshiba Plaza," not to mention how the "entire Las Vegas resort community will support Brooks' return through a schedule of specially created promotional events," whatever that may mean. Stay tuned for details, promised to be forthcoming "in the near future."
• November 29, 2015 16:48 SNF Patriots/Broncos: The New England Patriots are -2.5 favorites over the Denver Broncos in tonight's Sunday Night Football game. The total is 42.5.
• November 29, 2015 16:20 Ad Commitments Burdening DraftKings: There are reports that DraftKings' next problem -- as if any DFS company needs a next problem right now -- may be cash-flow related. Despite raising large amounts of funding, the combination of advance ad commitments, reported as being as high as $400 million, and a slowdown in revenue-generation due to the current regulatory uncertainty, may be putting the company in a financial bind. Our new book Fantasy Sports, Real Money contains an in-depth chronology of the rise of the DFS industry, along with extensive how-to-play information. It's expected back from the printer this month.