Compiled by LVA Research
• February 1, 2015 10:40 Palms to Host Career Fair: On Wednesday Feb. 4, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., the Palms will host a local job fair, featuring recruiters from numerous and diverse Vegas Valley employers. Click here for more information.
• February 1, 2015 10:36 Super Bowl Parties Everywhere: You couldn't avoid them if you tried today, but big parties are running at South Point, LVH, and Gold Coast, Suncoast, Sam's Town, and Orleans. An extensive list is up at LVASports.com. If you don't know where to go, just hit any casino sports book, where it will be wild all day long.
• January 31, 2015 21:33 UFC Silva/Diaz: Anderson Silva is a -415 favorite over Nick Diaz in tonight's UFC main event. In the other featured match, Tyron Woodley is -215 over Kelvin Gastelum.
• January 31, 2015 15:36 Coyote Ugly is Hiring: On Monday, Feb. 2, Coyote Ugly at New York-New York is casting for dancers and DJs. It's a non-union gig but we don't have a lot more information... Visit backstage.com for more details.
• January 31, 2015 13:50 Lines at the Books: The lines at the sports books are long and figure to get longer as people are pouring into town for tomorrow's Super Bowl. Westgate's SuperBook, in particular, has a long wait for the window. The word is they slow it up on purpose (not all betting stations open) to create a club-like atmosphere where people are waiting to get into a hot spot.
• January 31, 2015 08:44 Miracle Mile Hearts Hearts: In honor of American Heart Month, throughout the month of February the indoor fountain in the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood will go red in between shows in support of the Go Red For Women movement and all change tossed in the red fountain will benefit the local chapter of the American Heart Association.
• January 30, 2015 18:13 Mayweather vs. Pacquiao a Go?: To-date, we have only the word of TMZ to go on, admittedly, but they don't often screw up, so we're going to re-post their announcement that, following the duo's personal encounter at the Miami Heat game earlier this week, the deal is now done, with both Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao having agreed to a May 2 match-up at MGM Grand. Confirmation will follow as soon as we hear word from a more official source.
• January 30, 2015 17:39 Final Major Strip Book Posts Prop Bets: With the late release by Treasure Island of their prop bets for Sunday's Big Game, LVASports.com now featuring what's pretty much presenting a definitive round-up of every prop bet being offered legally in the state of Nevada. We don't think there's another comparable listing anywhere and FrankB will be updating right up to Sunday's kickoff. That's just one of the cool features to be found at LVASports.com (and follow @LVASports and its sport-specific lists).
• January 30, 2015 14:21 NV Gaming Revenue Down in 2014: December's gaming revenues were down more than 8 percent, at $950.7 million, compared to the same month last year, which echoed an overall slight decline for the 2014 as a whole. Statewide, casinos took in just over $11 billion in gambling dollars last year, a dip of 1.1 percent from 2013. Although the Strip saw a more than 2 percent decline, the picture was rosier for North Las Vegas and downtown, where casinos saw an uptick in gaming revenues.
• January 30, 2015 13:59 Another Restaurant Closure for SLS: The independently owned Griddle Cafe inside SLS Las Vegas is to be replaced by a more classic-style 24-hour casino coffee shop called Northside Cafe, which is set to debut as early as this Sunday, reports the R-J's Howard Stutz. There's still no word on when the property's buffet may reopen.