Compiled by LVA Research
• December 1, 2015 16:51 Pet-Friendly Vegas - The Poll: In recent years, when a Recession-stricken Las Vegas was striving desperately for new appeal and any hitherto untapped demographics to which it might market, one notable fad was a sudden proliferation in the number of hotels (and other venues) claiming to be "pet-friendly". But how pet-friendly really is Sin City? How often does "pet" actually mean "dog" -- and only select sizes and breeds of dog, at that? Does "friendly" more accurately translate to "will involve a massive surcharge for you and a crate for your furry friend?" Help us get to the bottom of this by sharing your experiences in this Reader Poll before it expires - POOF! - at midnight.
• December 1, 2015 14:32 A Holiday Gift for Locals from Mr Las Vegas: Now through Jan. 7, 2016, Wayne Newton is offering Las Vegas residents a buy one, get one for half-off deal on the basic Gold Tour package (reg. price $35) at his Casa de Shenandoah estate, which finally opened as a paid attraction earlier this year. Children 12 and younger (normally half-price) will receive free entry. Must present valid Nevada I.D.
• December 1, 2015 11:34 High Roller HQ for NASCAR Fans: Commencing Wednesday, Dec. 2, The LINQ Promenade will once again transform into the official NASCAR Fan HQ during Champion’s Week, which runs through Dec. 4. There will be cars to view, driver Q&A sessions, photo ops with the Sprint Cup Series Trophy, and Challenger 16 merchandise for sale inside the neighboring Flamingo hotel. Visit the official website for a schedule of events.
• December 1, 2015 10:25 Surprise! Dancer Champions Casino Cause: "As players, we always want MORE. You could give us a 105% game with a 2% slot club and a 3% comp rate and we'd still be asking for senior discounts and be REALLY ticked that we have to pay a $12 daily resort fee," writes video poker expert Bob Dancer in this week's . Taking issue with a fellow pro and recent guest on his weekly podcast, Gambling with an Edge, Dancer may raise some eyebrows with his sympathy for casinos and their desire to make money and exclude/discourage knowledgeable players, but if you've ever doubted the true existence of professional gamblers, as did a few respondents to our Reader Poll on the subject, then check out what Bob has to say. An interesting read as always, particularly in the context of all the current chat about "skill-based" games.
• November 30, 2015 16:50 Nevada Gaming Revenues Slide Again: After a minor upward blip in September, state gaming revenues took another hit in October, down almost 3 percent on the same month last year statewide (to $887.6 million) and by more than 5 percent (to $493.6 million) on the Strip, which particularly took a hit from a significant drop in the take for both baccarat and roulette.
• November 30, 2015 16:33 Dec. LVA Newsletter Online Online and Stuffed with Deals!: The holiday issue of our famous newsletter has been posted, with the scoop on scoring an easy comp for two of Vegas’ best buffets, the best casino on the Strip for 25¢ video poker, an excellent happy hour with free appetizers from a top Chinese restaurant, hotel room rates for under $20, and all kinds of other awesome tidbits and news. (Can't read it? That must mean you're not an LVA member! To find out what you're missing -- which is a LOT more than our exclusive newsletter -- sign up now for a three-month trial for just $15!)
• November 30, 2015 16:11 More Sinatra: On Thursday, Dec. 10, the Dennis Bono show in South Point's showroom will be honoring Frank Sinatra's 100th birthday. Tickets to the show, which starts at 2 p.m. (doors 1 p.m.) are free with a players card and may be picked up at the box office beginning noon on Wednesday, Dec 9th. And don't forget that starting tomorrow, and running through the whole month of December a special celebratory menu is available at the historic Golden Steer steakhouse -- for complete coverage of this and other centennial festivities, check out the recent features in our Question of the Day and Today's News archives.
• November 30, 2015 16:06 MNF Browns/Ravens: The Cleveland Browns are -4.5 favorites over the Baltimore Ravens in tonight's Monday Night Football game. The total is 41.5.
Bars that follow the Browns are Annie’s Gourmet Italian, Boulevard Bar & Grill, Giuseppe’s Bar & Grille, Kopper Keg West, Sauce Italian American Bistro, and Tap House. Bars that follow the Ravens are Crab Corner S. Eastern and Crab Corner S. Rainbow.
• November 30, 2015 12:47 Last Call for ArtPop Entries: Today is the final day to submit artwork ideas to the ArtPop project, a collaboration between the City of Las Vegas, Clear Channel Outdoor, and others that aims to promote the work of local artists via vacant billboard space. The judges are looking for thought-provoking and creative concepts that symbolize the energy of Las Vegas -- all styles considered, but no nudity or political/slanderous content, please. Find more info and submit your entry via the official website.
• November 30, 2015 11:20 Strip Gets Sexxy - for One Night Only: We're not sure how/why this is happening but for one night only, this Dec. 11 topless revue Sexxy with Jennifer Romas, currently performing at 7 p.m. in the Westgate's Shimmer Cabaret, will perform at Mandalay Bay's House of Blues. Tickets for the 8 p.m. performance start at just $20 (as opposed to the regular $53 GA price); must be 18+.