Compiled by LVA Research
• July 7, 2015 18:05 GIANT Afternoon Dining Digest: Here are some random tidbits of restaurant news that have come to our recent attention:
- Capriotti's Sandwich Shop has launched a CAPAddicts Rewards app and if you download it now, you will indeed be rewarded, with $2 of Caps Cash.
- Talking of subs, the former sandwich shop at Ellis Island has closed in order to make way for what will be a new Mexican eatery.
- The Summerlin Distill location (10820 W. Charleston) is apparently aiming to fill the void left by the departure of Simon at Palms Place and its pajama brunches. Their new Pajama Brunch kicks of Sunday, July 26, with the "Ultimate Pajama Party" from 11 a.m., featuring $5 Bloody Marys and mimosas and a brunch buffet. Thereafter, this weekly event will take place from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and feature a table-side Bloody Mary bar and signature menu items including Croque Madame, Chicken & Waffles, Bread Pudding French Toast, Coney Fries, and the Baja Scramble. Come in your PJs and receive a complementary mimosa and be entered to the weekly "Best Pajamas" drawing for prizes.
- Lake Las Vegas is awash with happy hours and daily deals (like a lobster flatbread special and $1.50 oysters every Friday and a $10 wine-and-cheese tasting every Tuesday). Click the link for the full events calendar, which also includes lakeside concerts, live mariachi bands, and more, so go chill out at the lake for a change!
- Tickets are now on sale for Rock 'n Roll Wine's next Wine Amplified "Plugged-In" event, scheduled for Saturday, July 11, and this one is advance purchase only -- no walk ups on the night. The exclusive wine tasting will take place during the Third Eye Blind / Dashboard Confessional show at The Joint inside the Hard Rock, located in a private tasting area on the main floor. Tickets are $50 and include a wristband for the the tasting event (same as reg. GA tix that don't include the wine!), which will take place from 7-9 p.m. and features 14 different vinos to try (via twenty 2oz pours - equivalent to eight glasses, so you'll need a designated driver/cab), plus a custom tasting glass to keep. Rock on, Vegas winos!
- The outpost of New York's Beauty & Essex, a partnership between TAO Group and chef/restaurateur Chris Santos (of Food Network's "Chopped" fame), is now set to debut at Cosmopolitan in 2016. When the venue was first rumored to be coming here, early this year, it was hoped it would debut by the fall, but 'twas not to be, evidently.
- Carmine's is going to celebrate its second anniversary in Caesars' Forum Shops this July 16 with a Southern Italian dinner featuring signature dishes, accompanied by red, white, and sparkling wine pairings, for $45/person. The special meal will be served from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- A long-time LVA member, foodie, and trusted scout this morning reminded us (with pictures) about the ongoing graveyard special at Henderson's Rainbow Club casino, served from 6 a.m.-11 a.m. For $1.99* (on weekdays/$2.39 Sat./Sun.), diners receive a plate of two eggs, sausage or bacon, hash browns, or biscuits and gravy. Note: No special requests. *In true LVA style, he noted that the price had increased by 10 cents since last November, but we still call this a deal. #oldschool
• July 7, 2015 18:01 IAC Concert Reminder: When the host is a notorious (alleged) former mobster (who once recounted to us in graphic detail how he "lost" his gall bladder one dark night in Las Vegas...), we like to keep our word, and we promised Frankie Citro we'd remind you about the celebration of the music of Carole King and James Taylor that's going down tomorrow and Thursday nights, July 8 and 9, at the Italian American Club. Tickets to You've Got a Friend, which features a core backing group of six live musicians, are $25 and the show's at 8 p.m. -- tell Frankie the Brit Chick sent you. Please!
• July 7, 2015 16:13 Another Flash Flood Warning Issued: Following last night's torrential rain, which saw widespread flooding around the valley, the National Weather Service has issued another flash flood watch for all of Southern Nevada, in effect until 9 p.m. tonight, with a repeat of last night's storms forecast. Every time Las Vegas experiences flooding, our thoughts always go to the hundreds of people who make their home "Beneath the Neon" in the city's storm drains, where the effects of flash floods have proven lethal on more than one occasion and have seen victims swept across the city as mattresses and other possessions were swept up in the raging waters, or trapped for days on end in lateral pipes, without food or water.
• July 7, 2015 15:35 Win a Million at Rio Secco: Here's a million-dollar opportunity we just stumbled upon, but you'll need to be either a really good golfer, or else supremely lucky for a shot at hitting the jackpot. This promotion started last November, but you have from now until September to gain entry to the Rio Secco Hole Finals, the date of which has yet to be determined. Finalists will have three shots each at the par-3 7th hole on Rio's golf course and if they manage to ace just one of those attempts, they'll score a $1 million payday.
There are two ways to enter the contest: If you make a witnessed hole in one on hole #7 between now and September, you're automatically entered into the main event; three additional players will be selected via monthly drawings. (Drawing entries include all registered paid greens fees from November 2014-September 2015, and additional entries for playing in the hit-the-green promotion with a minimum $20 stake.) All players who make the finals will be awarded a three-night stay at a high-end CET property, two rounds of golf at Rio Secco, a tee gift, and ground transportation.
• July 7, 2015 12:30 Ultimate Fighting Chefs Square Off at Lagasse's: This Thursday, July 9, a roster of UFC athletes, including heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum and welterweight contender Johny Hendricks, will be fighting with knives (and saucepans) as they test their cooking skills in a culinary showdown. "The Ultimate Cookoff" will take place at Lagasse’s Stadium at The Palazzo from 7 to 10 p.m., when the fighters will face the unorthodox challenge of turning a mystery basket of ingredients into something that tastes better than a knuckle sandwich. Tickets to attend are $25 (or $110 for VIP).
• July 7, 2015 11:47 Ri Ra Does Int'l Beer Day Right: Here's advance warning (because you have to RSVP by emailing RiRa@kirvindoak.com) that, in honor of International Beer Day this August 6, Rí Rá Irish pub at Mandalay Place will bring back its annual #RiRaBeerDay celebration from 6 to 8 p.m., with attendees getting to enjoy a free pint of Guinness and complimentary appetizers. Additionally, the first 15 guests to arrive at the party will receive a free beer flight and there will be raffle prizes throughout the evening, including a $50 gift card to the pub.
Random Guinness Fact: The distinct Irish dry stout, which originated in the late-eighteenth century, is now brewed in almost 60 countries and is available in over 120 worldwide. Something like 1.8 billion US pints of the stuff are consumed annually.
• July 7, 2015 11:31 Grimm Returns to Hard Rock (Briefly): Michael Grimm's promised three-month residency inside Hard Rock's Vinyl was slated to run through August 30, was curtailed prematurely due to "unforeseen circumstances" (see Today's News 6/18), but we've learned that the singer will perform two shows there later this month, on July 24 and 25. The shows are free and doors are at 10:30 p.m. All ages are welcome.
• July 7, 2015 10:28 Rain Stops Play - Poker Play!: Perhaps this is decisive proof that poker is indeed a sport, with news that the heavy rainfall from last night's storm actually halted play in the Main Event of the 2015 WSOP. The game was stopped with nine minutes to go in the third level and players on Day 1B were sent on an impromptu dinner break on account of a leaking ceiling, which necessitated 23 tables in the Brasilia Room being relocated to the Amazon Room.
• July 7, 2015 09:47 Flash Sale on Virgin America Fares: First stupid-cheap pancakes, and now shockingly-low flights, but for eight hours only. Here's the deal: Virgin America is celebrating being named Travel + Leisure's top domestic airline for the eight consecutive year by launching its biggest sale of the year, with some crazy deals on one-way flights, like $48 from Las Vegas to San Francisco, $98 Dallas to New York, $148 LA to Chicago, and just $278 Honolulu to San Francisco. The fine print is that you need to book by 4:59 p.m. PST today and travel must occur between September 9, 2015 and February 10, 2016 (additional date restrictions apply on some routes).
• July 7, 2015 09:28 Happy Birthday IHOP: The popular pancake chain is celebrating its 57th anniversary today, July 7, by offering a short stack (that's three) of buttermilk pancakes for just 57 cents! The offer's valid from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for dine-in only at participating restaurants. Limit of one anniversary offer per person.
• July 7, 2015 08:59 WSOP Main Event Day 1B: The Day 1B chip leader was Hamid Feiz with 182,675. There were 1,716 entrants, a 20% decline from last year. The total number of entrants is 2,457, which is 458 below the two-day total in 2014. The final Day 1 flight will be played today; last year's third day attracted 3,768 players. Notable eliminations included Robert Mizrachi, Jonathan Little, and Ben Lamb.
• July 6, 2015 15:36 Henderson Job Fair on Thursday: This Thursday July 9, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sunset Station hotel-casino (1301 W. Sunset Rd.) is hosting a job fair, with recruitment representatives from diverse local employers in areas including: healthcare; retail; hospitality; education; gaming; banking; the police force; and more. Admission to the event is free to all jobseekers, so go armed with plenty of resumes and dress for success!
• July 6, 2015 12:48 NJ Online Casinos Hit by Cyber Attack: Just as New Jersey's legal online casinos are starting to see a slight improvement in their initially lackluster performance, with some modest revenue increases on 2014's figures posted this spring, word comes of a major blow in the form of a coordinated cyber attack that was launched against four online-gambling sites over the weekend. All of the state's Internet casinos are on heightened alert today following a sustained DDOS attack over the weekend that lasted approximately 30 minutes and was accompanied by the threat of a more powerful and sustained hack, to follow within 24 hours, unless a ransom -- the amount of which has not been publicly disclosed -- was paid in Bitcoin. The criminal investigation remains ongoing.
• July 6, 2015 11:46 Shark Frenzy at Village Square: The Las Vegas outpost of Cold Stone Creamery, located in the Village Square shopping center at Sahara and Fort Apache, is diving into Discovery's latest "Shark Week" (which kicked off yesterday) with a contest that will see one lucky winner and three friends heading to the Atlantis resort-casino in the Bahamas for an all-expenses-paid vacation. To get in on the Shark Week Frenzy action, visit your local Cold Stone Creamery and custom-design a tasty treat utilizing their Great Blue Cupcakes or gummy sharks or whatever "Jaws" twist takes your fancy, then snap a pic of your dessert and upload to Twitter or Instagram using #SharkWeekFrenzy to be entered for a chance to win. Contestants may enter a new photo daily through July 15th; see official contest site for complete rules and to submit your entry.
• July 6, 2015 10:27 Iconic Las Vegas Sheriff Dead at 88: Ralph Lamb, who remains the longest-serving sheriff in Clark County's history, yet never once shot anyone during his entire career in law enforcement, passed away last Friday we just learned via A.D. Hopkins' obituary in the R-J. Lamb, who is credited with converting the Sheriff's Department from a rural force into a sophisticated modern urban agency, and in creating the single police force that's now known as Metro (see Policing Las Vegas), was in charge at the height of Las Vegas' infamous Mob days, a period immortalized in Dennis Griffin's best seller, The Battle for Las Vegas: The Law vs. The Mob and by the popular but short-lived series "Vegas", which aired on CBS in 2012-'13 and in which Lamb was portrayed by actor Dennis Quaid. You can read a longer biography of Ralph Lamb, under whose watch the state's first modern crime lab and SWAT team were formed (so you can thank him for "CSI," too), in Hopkins' The First 100: Portraits of the Men and Women Who Shaped Las Vegas.
No details have been made public, as yet, with regard to funeral arrangements for Lamb, who passed away of natural causes at MountainView Hospital.
• July 6, 2015 10:17 Celebrate Nat'l Fried Chicken Day ... with Pulled Pork (?!): Although Las Vegas is home to many venerable vendors of crispy-chicken goodness, it seems few, if any, of them are doing anything special for this national day of celebration (if you have good fried chicken and you are celebrating with some deal or other festivities, please let us know ASAP!) The only alert we've received to-date came from Double Barrel Roadhouse at the Monte Carlo, and we're somewhat confused by their offer to enjoy "20% off Double Barrel’s delicious fried chicken dishes, including BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders and BBQ Beef Brisket." Apparently, there's also a wing-and-beer combo for $30, but the number of wings and quantity of beer is unspecified.
• July 6, 2015 09:22 Casino-Promo Update at Frugal Vegas: Jean Scott has posted an update to one of the casino promotions that she referenced in her regular beginning-of-the-month survey of offers and deals at off-Strip casinos (where you'll find news of a hotel with a new flexible check-in/check-out policy, a restaurant update at Ellis Island, an ongoing locals buffet offer from Coast Casinos, and more). The "Queen of Comps" now has more details about Boyd's "Double the Royal" promo, currently running at Gold Coast and the Orleans, plus she has a link to information about the players club change at Golden Nugget properties nationwide, so check out Jean's latest post at Frugal Vegas for the scoop.
• July 6, 2015 08:44 WSOP Main Event Day 1A: Attendance was down slightly for the first of three "Day 1" sessions in the World Series of Poker Main Event, with 741 entries compared to 771 last year; 480 remain. The chip leader is William Kakon, with 152,325. Last year's Day 1A chip leader was Martin Jacobson, who went on to win the championship. Among the big-name players eliminated were John Hennigan, Erik Seidel, Chris Klodnicki, Andy Bloch, and Billy Baxter. Day 1B play begins today at noon.
• July 5, 2015 15:07 Women's World Cup Finals Odds: The USA is a -.5/-140 favorite over Japan in tonight's soccer World Cup final. The total is 2, under -122/over even.
• July 5, 2015 09:55 Bonus Points at Stations: Station Casinos is running a day-after-the-4th bonus-points promotion. Swipe your Boarding Pass card for up to 3.3X points on slots and 2X on video poker.
• July 5, 2015 09:44 Big One Begins: The Main Event of the World Series of Poker begins today with the first of three "Day 1" sessions. The tournament will play straight through (no days off), concluding with the determination of the "November Nine" final table on July 14. We'll be covering the tournament with updates in this space.
• July 4, 2015 18:40 Open Mic at Hard Hat: Tonight Hard Hat Lounge (1675 Industrial Road) is holding an open mic night, hosted by Anglo Sax and Charlie Madness. Poets, singers, musicians, comedians, and rappers are all welcome to show off their skills and network from 10 p.m. Entry's $5, with half the proceeds to benefit a charity selected by the artists who perform.
• July 4, 2015 12:16 Outdoor Picture Show at GVR: The District at Green Valley Ranch continues its weekly free summer Outdoor Picture Show on The Green series, with a screening of National Treasure, commencing at dusk. Bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on; no alcohol or glass allowed.
• July 4, 2015 11:39 Tivoli Farmers Market It's a special edition of Tivoli Village's weekly farmer's market today until 2 p.m., with holiday specials and military discounts. Strawberries, corn, micro-greens, blueberries, and stone fruits are all in season, plus you'll find whole chickens, seasonings, honey, and more for sale from local and regional growers and producers.
• July 4, 2015 11:07 Hot Dog Upset: Matt Stonie defeated Joey Chestnut in the July 4 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, downing 62 dogs to Chestnut's 60. It was a huge upset: Chestnut was going for his ninth consecutive win in the contest and was a -8500 favorite. In the woman's competition, Las Vegas' Miki Sudo won her second straight Nathan's contest eating 38 hot dogs.
• July 4, 2015 09:46 White Castles at EC: Continuing its July 4th tradition, El Cortez is passing out White Castles to players today. Get your burgers delivered to you on the games from noon to 6 p.m.
• July 4, 2015 09:36 Happy 4th of July: It's busy this weekend, with an estimated 320,000 visitors in town for 4th of July festivities. Check the detailed listing of parties and fireworks shows posted earlier in this space.
• July 3, 2015 19:15 Half-Long Bar at the Fremont: A new bar called Filament opened today at the Fremont. Positioned at the east-corner entrance off the Fremont Street Experience, it's a cool-looking space that looks a whole lot like the LONGBAR across the street at the D, only not as long.
• July 3, 2015 13:02 Movie Night at Henderson Pool: Take your mind off the heat with a screening of Frozen this evening for "Dive-In Movie" night at Henderson's Multigenerational Activity Pool (250 S. Green Valley Pkwy.). Admission is $5, all ages are welcome, and you can go for swim or just relax poolside. Complimentary popcorn will be served and the movie will be shown on their giant inflatable screen from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Register online using activity code 336506-00.
• July 3, 2015 12:09 Anniversary Celebrations at Texas Station: This month, the locals-oriented North Las Vegas casino is celebrating its 20th birthday with month-long promotions and festivities, including: $20 food specials at numerous property restaurants; a specialty anniversary cocktail for $6 served at all bars; the chance to win $2,500 in a sweepstakes when you download the Station Casinos app; and numerous casino deals and promos throughout the week, including Monday video poker tournaments, Thursday $80,000 Texas Tornado drawings, and Sunday gift days; plus, receive a 20% discount on KidsQuest childcare throughout July.
• July 3, 2015 11:01 Entry Open for SuperContest: The SuperBook at Westgate Las Vegas, which will soon be undergoing a major upgrade, is now accepting entries for the 2015 pro football handicapping SuperContest. The entry fee is $1,500 and the deadline for registering is 11 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 12. The 4th annual SuperContest Weekend will take place August 28 and 29, with a free "Super Seminar" on Fri. 28 and the Super Golf Event at the Las Vegas Country Club on Sat. 29. During the course of the weekend, six complimentary SuperContest entries will be given away; additional free entries are available to winners of a series of satellite events that are available to play on your smartphone. Visit the official website for complete rules and more details about the SuperContest and how to download the app in order to participate in the satellite events.
• July 3, 2015 10:53 Get Happy with Ra Sushi: Ra Sushi in the Forum Shops wants to wish you a Happy July 4 starting right now, with a weekend-long food-and-drinks happy hour that runs through the close of business on Sunday.
• July 3, 2015 10:34 Last Night for Body English: Say good-bye to another entertainment staple at the Hard Rock. Following last week's closing of the Center Bar, the nightclub Body English closes tonight. Originally Baby's, the club became Body English in 2004, then was closed from 2010 to 2013 during construction on HR's big expansion. The Hard Rock says that "something new" will fill the space. Hopefully!
• July 3, 2015 07:45 Free Pie: Get a free apple pie today when you earn 200 points at Gold Coast, Suncoast, or Orleans. Play between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. today only, with a limit of one pie per account.
• July 2, 2015 16:30 Las Vegas This July 4th Weekend: When the 4th of July falls on a Saturday, you know that that means…party, party, party ‘til you’re red, white, and blue. You can see our roundup of Independence Day celebrations here. Now for the usual entertainment roundup:
- Caesars Palace welcomes Reba Brooks & Dunn: "Together in Vegas" (7/1-4)
- American Trilogy, a tribute to Frank Sinatra, Elvis and Neil Diamond, take the spotlight at the South Point (7/3-5)
- Carlos Mencia does stand-up at the Orleans (7/3-4)
- Dancing With the Stars is Live at the Venetian (7/3) and (7/5)
- The Suncoast hosts Empire Records 90s Flashback (7/3)
- Fare Thee Well: "Celebrating 50 years of Grateful Dead", take center stage at Brooklyn Bowl (7/3-5)
- Boyz ll Men are in the spotlight in Terry Fator Theater at the Mirage (7/3) and funny lady Kathy Griffin follows later that evening (7/3)
- Kenny Chesney will take center stage inside The Joint at Hard Rock (7/3-4)
- It's Red White & Boom with 311 at Mandalay Bay Beach (7/3-4) and Dizzy Wright performs at The House of Blues (7/4)
- Silverton features Serpentine Fire An Earth, Wind & Fire Tribute at the Veil Pavilion (7/3) where Chris Heers performs the following evening (7/4)
- "Summer Artwork" is the theme for First Friday (7/3)
- The Cannery hosts The Average White Band (7/4)
- The Golden Nugget welcomes Frankie Moreno (7/4-12)
- Grasshopper, the super boy band from Hong Kong, takes the spotlight at the MGM (7/4)
- And Paris by Night, a popular Vietnamese cabaret show perform at Axis, Planet Hollywood (7/4-5)
• July 2, 2015 16:24 Trop Bridges to Get Upgrade: The pedestrian bridges at the Strip and Tropicana will get a $26 million upgrade, with work beginning next year and concluding in 2017. The bridges that connect MGM Grand, New York-New York, Excalibur, and Tropicana serve 130,000 people per day and are the oldest on the Strip, having operated for 21 years.
• July 2, 2015 16:22 Las Vegas 4th of July Events: Look for the sky to light up big-time on July 4th, as multiple displays are planned. Here's a list of shows and related events:
JULY 4 FIREWORKS DISPLAYS
Lake Las Vegas
Lake Las Vegas will have its celebration on Saturday July 4, with live music, a sidewalk sale, plenty of activities for kids, barbecue stations set up throughout The Village, and a fireworks display over the lake at 9 p.m.
The Strat will present its annual tower-top fireworks display and "Independence Day Pool Party" (adults only) on Saturday at 9 p.m. The fireworks run for 10 minutes and are visible valley-wide.
Fireworks by Grucci will be shot from the hotel's Roman Tower beginning at 9:15 p.m. The best views will be from the Las Vegas Strip at the front fountains of Caesars Palace.
Station Casinos will have fireworks displays at Green Valley Ranch in Henderson and at Red Rock Resort in the northwest; both displays will be at 9 p.m.
Mandalay Bay will light up the sky this weekend with musical performances by 311 on July 3rd and 4th, followed by fireworks both nights. Tickets start at $55, doors open at 8 p.m., and performances start at 9 p.m.
Fremont St. Experience
You can watch virtual fireworks on the Viva Vision canopy July 3rd and 4th at the Fremont St. Experience. The festivities include performances from the band Madison Rising both nights from 9:10 p.m.-10:40 p.m. The "visual fireworks" and patriotic images will be shown overhead following each regular Viva Vision show between 8 p.m. and 1 a.m.
Knickerbocker Park, located in the Providence master-planned community (10695 Dorrell Lane, just off the North 215 Beltway and Hualapai Way exit) is hosting a free event featuring live music, contests, food and drink stands from local vendors, and a beer garden, culminating in a 12-minute fireworks display.
Celebrate Independence Day in Henderson at Mission Hills Park with live entertainment and their traditional fireworks display from 6-9 p.m. Bring a blanket (to sit on – it’s not likely to be cold) and enjoy a night of family fun and concessions. Local high school clubs and groups will be selling hot dogs, hamburgers, sno-cones and ice-cream, with all proceeds benefiting the school.
Enjoy a fun-filled 4th of July day of activities celebrating the Boulder City Damboree "Wings of Freedom". Activities include the Rotary Pancake Breakfast at Bicentennial Park, a parade down Nevada Highway, a play zone for kids (including a water zone), midway booths, flag raising, games, contests, and even more. Fireworks begin at 9 p.m.
The sixth annual fireworks show at Primm Valley Casino Resorts starts at dusk and will be set against the desert scenery and away from the city light pollution. The Resort partners with Pyrotecnico to bring the a vibrant fireworks display that has lasted an astounding 18 minutes in previous years.
Pahrump - Petrack Park
Join the celebration at Petrack Park with its annual Liberty Festival. Firework shows, a horseshoe tournament and many more fun-filled activities starting on Friday, July 3 and run through Sunday, July 5. This jam-packed festival will also feature kid-friendly activities, free swimming at the public pool, and live music and entertainment, with fireworks at dusk on July 3 and 4. Petrack Park located at Highway 160 and Basin Avenue.
Summerlin Council Patriotic Parade
The Summerlin Council Patriotic Parade, July 4th, has more than 70 entries, including marching bands, floats and giant Macy's-style inflatable balloons. The parade begins at 9 a.m. and travels along flag-lined streets from Hillpointe and Hills Center, along Village Center Circle, and concludes at Trailwood Drive.
Palazzo – Azure Luxury Pool
Azure will host a pool party from 1-4 p.m. Saturday, hosted by cast members from Dancing with the Stars: Live! Tour. $20 cover (FREE to locals); must be 21+.
Downtown Grand kicks off its summer concert series on July 4 with the alt rock band Lit. They will perform on the rooftop Picnic pool deck so concert –goers get a great view of the fireworks around town. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and local favorite Ashley Red will open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 but it’s buy one, get one free and each ticket includes a free drink.
Downtown Container Park
The Downtown Container Park is inviting the whole family to celebrate the holiday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. There will be face painting, games, a balloon artist and the Summer Splash Down Water Slide. Big Ern's BBQ will put on a cooking demonstration at 11 a.m. and pass out free samples. The first 100 kids will receive a free patriotic gift, too.
Crazy Horse III’s Annual Red White and Boobs Bash
The topless gentleman's club will host its annual July 4 party, with a live set by PULSE 96.7’s DJ Bomb Shel, during the evening. There will be beer bucket and bottle specials, a number of late-night menu items including sushi and pizza, a variety of hookah flavors, premium cigars, and hundreds of strippers.
Eiffel Tower Experience
Secure a spot to watch the Caesars Palace fireworks when you purchase the tower's July 4th package. For $79.50 guests get one drink and access to the Eiffel Tower beginning at 8:45 p.m. From there you'll get a great view of the Caesars Palace fireworks show that will start at 9:15 p.m.
Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville
Enjoy a July 4th party on the Margaritaville 3rd floor patio for $125 per person. The party includes a patio view of the Caesars Palace fireworks and an open call brand bar with appetizers. The party goes from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
The LINQ Promenade
Starting at noon on July 4th The LINQ Promenade will feature family-friendly activities including face painting, balloon animals and a special ice cream trike throughout the day and evening. Daniel Parks will play a concert that will conclude with the Nellis Honor Guard performing a flag ceremony, followed by the Caesars Palace fireworks at 9:15 p.m. The final performance of the night will be an LED drum line immediately following the fireworks.
Tower Party- Guest may enjoy fireworks from indoor and outdoor observation areas on the 108th and 109th floors of the Stratosphere Tower. This party includes a DJ and two free drinks between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. Admission is for guests is $14.99 and $29.99 for non-hotel guests.
Level 107 Lounge - Guests may enjoy the fireworks from a table or booth inside the Level 107 Lounge. Admission for guests is $14.99 and $29.99 for non-hotel guests. Cocktail and bottle service are available for additional fees. DJs are planned between 7 p.m.-11 p.m. and 11 p.m.-4 a.m.
Radius Rooftop Pool – Experience the fireworks at this VIP Party at the Stratosphere. Playboy’s 2011 Playmate of the Year, Claire Sinclair will host this party. There will be a DJ and other live entertainment available with an open bar (call drinks) from 6 p.m.-7 p.m. Admission is $49.99
8 Pool - This party begins at 6 p.m. and includes entertainment from Zowie Bowie from 6 p.m.-9 p.m. Food and drinks are available for purchase and admission is $9.99 for guests and $19.99 for non- hotel guests. Cabanas are also available for rental.
• July 2, 2015 12:22 Grand Laughs Blowout: Tonight should be a wild one at the "Grand Laughs Comedy Show" at the Downtown Grand. There've been rumors of "changes" at the free comedy club that's currently on the LVA Top Ten list and we're told there will be three headliner-quality comics performing. As to the changes, we'll have to wait and see if that means a ticketed show or discontinuing it altogether. The show is performed in the Mob Bar and begins at 8 p.m.
• July 2, 2015 09:41 Reno's Siena Closes: The Siena in Reno has closed. The casino was sold last month amidst rumors that it would be converted to a non-gaming hotel; however, no solid information about its future has been released.
• July 1, 2015 11:51 Duhamel Wins One Drop: Jonathan Duhamel won the $111,111 buy-in High Roller for One Drop event and the $3,989,985 first prize. Duhamel, the 2010 WSOP Main Event champion, outlasted runner-up Bill Klein, who donated his entire $2.5 million prize to One Drop. Third place was last year's $1 million buy-in One Drop winner, Dan Coleman, and Phil Hellmuth threatened to win his 15th WSOP bracelet, but finished 6th.
• July 1, 2015 09:08 Cosmo Bar Closing: Continuing the string of high-profile bar closings, the Cosmopolitan's Book & Stage is closing on July 12. No additional information was given, except that it will be replaced by another lounge.
• July 1, 2015 08:46 Mendes Replaces Aldo in Big UFC Match: The long-awaited Ultimate Fighting Championship match-up between Jose Aldo and Connor McGregor scheduled for July 11 is off due to an injury to Aldo. Chad Mendes will step in against McGregor. Mendes opened as a -130 favorite and money immediately came in hard on McGregor, making him the new favorite at -135 and dropping Medes to +115.