Compiled by LVA Research
• December 7, 2016 13:15 Bellagio Holiday Display: The annual holiday display at Bellagio's Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is now in place, featuring a polar bear family, animated toy soldiers, a 42-foot white fir tree; trains covered in red & white roses, and a train station coated with crushed walnuts. The display will be up through Jan. 2 and is free to view, 24/7 (it's better at night).
• December 7, 2016 12:03 Dancer Deals With Stress: In his latest article at GamblingWithAnEdge.com, Bob Dancer discusses dealing with stress. There's not a lot of gambling in this one, but the concept translates.
• December 7, 2016 08:01 AC on KNPR Today: Anthony Curtis will be one of the guests on KNPR this morning, talking about the recent casino moves to paid parking and comped-drink monitoring. UNLV's David Schwartz and NY Post writer Michael Kaplan are also scheduled. Tune in at 9 a.m. PST to FM 88.9.
• December 6, 2016 15:25 FSE Tree Lighting Tonight: The Fremont Street Experience Christmas-tree-lighting ceremony takes place tonight, with Mayor Carolyn Goodman flipping the switch at 5 p.m. The 50-foot-tall tree is one of the tallest in town, second only (as far as we know) to the 60-footer in The Park at New York-New York. A Menorah lighting is scheduled for December 24.
• December 6, 2016 09:28 Eating Las Vegas 2017 In the House: The 2017 edition of Eating Las Vegas -- The 50 Essential Restaurants is in-house and shipping. This is a perfect stocking-stuffer that you can get now at ShopLVA.com for $13.97, including shipping. It's the best price anywhere, including Amazon.
• December 5, 2016 17:04 MNF Colts/Jets: The New York Jets are -1.5 favorites over the Indianapolis Colts in tonight's Monday Night Football game. The total is 48.5.
• December 5, 2016 17:00 Sexy Sushi: Paris has opened Sekushi Japanese & Raw Bar in the passageway near the buffet. The name means "sexy." We hadn't heard a word about it until we saw it while walking through the casino. It's located next to Yong Kang Street, another Asian restaurant at Paris that opened with almost no publicity.
• December 5, 2016 08:59 MDQ Closes: The latest Strip show to close is Million Dollar Quartet after more than 1,500 performances at Harrah's since 2013. A replacement show has not been named.
• December 5, 2016 08:32 Journey to the Joint: Journey is returning to the Joint at the Hard Rock. After a similar engagement last year, the band will play a nine-show mini-residency on dates running from May 3 to 20. Tickets start at $59 base.
• December 4, 2016 16:19 SNF Seahawks/Panthers: The Seattle Seahawks are -8 favorites over the Carolina Panthers in tonight's Sunday Night Football game. The total is 43.5.
• December 4, 2016 12:38 Upstate Casino Opens in New York: Tioga Downs Casino opened Friday as the first of four casinos recently approved for upstate New York. Located 30 miles west of Binghamton in the town of Nichols, the casino has 944 slots and 33 table games. A 161-room hotel is under construction.
• December 4, 2016 11:15 Downtown Luxury Theater Opens: Eclipse Theaters has opened downtown at 3rd and Gass. The three-story complex has eight theaters and a bar and restaurant in place of a concession stand. The "luxury theater" has ticket prices to match: $18 and $16 for matinees.
• December 3, 2016 17:38 UFC Johnson/Elliott: Demetrious Johnson is a big -1200 favorite over Tim Elliott in tonight's UFC main event. In the other featured match, Joseph Benavidez is -200 over Henry Cejudo.
• December 3, 2016 12:01 Lucky Dragon Grand Opening Today: Although it's been open for two weeks, the official opening of Lucky Dragon is today at 3 p.m. The ceremonies will include a firecracker display, a dragon procession, and complimentary tea service.
• December 3, 2016 12:00 Underwater Santa at Silverton: Take a photo with "Underwater Santa" at the Silverton today and tomorrow, from noon to 1:15 p.m. and 2:15 to 3:30 p.m. Santa and his helpers pose for free photos in the resort's 117,000-gallon aquarium. They'll also be there during the same hours Dec. 10, 11, 17, and 18.
• December 3, 2016 10:55 W Opens at SLS: The W Las Vegas hotel-within-a-hotel has opened at SLS. The hotel's 289 rooms located in SLS' former Lux Tower have all been converted to the W brand's upscale style, and there's also a spa, pool, bar area, and meeting space. It's the 50th W hotel and the first ever in Las Vegas.
• December 2, 2016 13:11 Jean Scott Posts December Deals: Jean Scott dishes on some excellent December deals in her latest post at FrugalVegas.com, including the return of last year's good Rio-buffet comp. She also explains Staton Casinos' complicated multiple points promotion.
• December 2, 2016 12:19 Twelve Days of Bonefish: The Bonefish Grill at Town Square & Summerlin is running "The 12 Days of Bonefish Grill" with restaurant discounts through December 12. Click on the Christmas ornament to download a coupon for the daily special. Today's is 20% off dinner.
• December 2, 2016 08:19 Powerhouse Locals Deal at SLS: SLS Las Vegas is offering a monster deal this month. Until December 23, locals with a CODE card get 50% off at all SLS restaurants except Bazaar Meat. That means you can eat for half-price in Umami Burger, Northside Café & Chinese Kitchen, the 800 Degrees pizza joint, the sushi restaurant Katsuya, and Cleo. The discount applies to the entire bill, including alcohol (excluding select bottles of wine). Try 'em all.
• December 1, 2016 17:09 TNF Vikings/Cowboys: The Dallas Cowboys are -3 favorites over the Minnesota Vikings in tonight's Thursday Night Football game. The total is 43.5.
• December 1, 2016 13:31 Keno at the Dragon: Lucky Dragon opened with no keno. Not even video keno at the bars. We wrote about it in a few places wondering how long that would last and it wasn't long. All the bars now have keno and Four Card Keno, along with video blackjack, which was also originally absent. The casino's official grand opening is Saturday.
• December 1, 2016 11:15 NFR Begins: Get ready for the cowboys. The National Finals Rodeo begins today, and runs through Dec. 10. Rodeo-centric casinos include the D, Gold Coast, Orleans, Hard Rock, South Point, TI, and Silverton.
• December 1, 2016 10:41 Las Vegas Weekend Highlights: It's Nationals Final Rodeo time, which means this weekend's entertainment lineup is distinctly rodeo:
- UNLV Thomas and Mack welcomes the Nationals Final Rodeo (12/1-10))
- Rodney Carrington takes over the David Copperfield Theater at MGM Grand (12/1-10)
- Reba, Brooks & Dunn will perform at Caesars Palace (11/30-12/10)
- Alabama is center stage at The Chelsea at Cosmopolitan (12/2)
- Funnyman Bill Engvall performs at Treasure Island (12/2) and country duo, LoCash, takes over Gilley's Saloon (12/4-7)
- George Strait is in the spotlight at the T-Mobile Arena (12/2-3)
- Josh Turner will perform at the Orleans (12/2-3)
- Downtown it's the monthly First Friday arts-and-culture experience (12/2)
- Hard Rock welcomes "Here Comes The Funny Tour" featuring Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider, and Nick Swardson to The Joint (12/2-3)
- Andrea Bocelli is center stage at the MGM Garden Arena (12/3)
- The Smith Center entertains with 'Home For The Holidays' (12/3-4)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship's Week continues at various location around town (11/30-12/2)
- And the Ultimate Fighter Finale takes place inside The Pearl at the Palms (12/3)